Do you know what Epigenetics is? Epigenetics refers to external modifications to DNA that turn genes "on" or "off". These modifications do not change the DNA sequence. That means that your habits can turn on and off genes making illnesses more or less likely in you and in those you love. Don’t leave it to chance, influence your genetics by living a healthy life.
In our latest blog, we’ve been talking about the importance of eating healthy foods: Healthy people eat healthy food. Let’s talk about other habits that can help you live a healthy life. You are your thoughts and if your thoughts are negative, self judgemental, self-destructive they are going to influence all your attitude and physical life and make you ugly.
B. Healthy people think healthy thoughts
It’s about being in control of what you focus on. Don’t let your brain be invaded by negative thoughts. You need to manage your mind and your thoughts! Your thoughts represent the key to your life, therefore you need to focus on the things you consider to be truth and worth your attention.
If you have a healthy focus you will have a healthy life. Therefore taking care of your brain because it influences all your body!
Strategies to have a healthy focus:
1. Develop your brain
The brain is involved in everything you do, decisions, thoughts, ultimately your health. Boosting your brain health will decrease the risk for Alzheimer's, diabetes, depression and obesity. Do it by:
- Caring about it
- Stop doing anything that hurts it (eating bad food)
- Do the right things everyday
Where you brain your attention determines what you feel. Focus on the benefits (better energy, increased memory, bigger brain, health on the long run). It is as easy as you think it is!
2. Gain control over negative self-talk
According to Daniel G. Amen, MD some of the negative thinking types that can be overcome are:
- "All or nothing" thinking: thoughts that are all good or all bad
- "Always" thinking: thinking in words like always, never, no one, everyone, every time, everything
- Focusing on the negative: only seeing the bad in a situation
- Fortune telling: predicting the worst possible outcome to a situation with little or no evidence for it
- Mind reading: believing that you know what another person is thinking even though they haven’t told you
- Thinking with your feelings: believing negative feelings without ever questioning them
- Guilt beatings: thinking in words like should, must, ought, or have to
- Labeling: attaching a negative label to your self or to someone else
- Blame: blaming someone else for the problems you have
3. Maintain your motivation
To make lasting progress, you must know what's motivating you to adjust your lifestyle into a healthy one. Motivators might include:
- Be purpose driven. Stay on track with your goals by Write down a purpose statement and keep track of it by measurable goals
- Set smart goals. Smart goals are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound. Focus on what is most important
- Know your motivation. You have to know why you want to be healthy. Write it down and put it where you can see it every day. To stay motivated you must stay focused and intentional with how you approach the goals you have se
- Put your failures to good use. Take advantage of your failures and learn from them. The mistakes we make can educate us on how to do something better the next time if we are paying attention. You become a success by learning what doesn’t work and not doing it anymore
- Use the power of vision. Visualizing your goals is a good way to remind yourself of why you want to be healthy. Pictures can help you stay motivated! Put images on your computer desktop, around your home, on your smart phone, or in the visor of your car that remind you of why you want to be healthy
4. Use the right supplements
Omega 3’s daily fish oil supplement can decrease inflammation and boost blood flow to the brain. Low levels of omega 3 fats have been connected to ADHD, depression, and Alzheimer’s disease. Additionally, most of us do not get all the nutrients we need from the foods we eat. Taking a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement is highly recommended.
If you are looking for a supreme source of omega-3 IsaOmega Supreme® by Isagenix is the perfect source of DHA and EPA omega-3 essential fatty acids.
Transforming your mind will reduce stress, improve your decision making and memory, help you think clearer, feel better and ultimately help you to live a healthier life.
In our next blogs, will be talking about the importance of exercising well and having valuable friends.
Until then, don’t forget to live your best everyday, starting TODAY!!