Many people around us has food allergies, sensitivities and intolerances to different substances. Therefore to know the difference between these is very important when you are trying to promote correctly some products.
Well, here is the difference between food allergies, sensitivities and intolerances:
- A true food allergy involves the immune system and your body creating an immediate response (IgE antibodies); the reaction is immediate and often severe, often including respiratory problems.
- A sensitivity also involves the immune system, but produces a milder, non-typical and often delayed physical response (IgG antibodies).
- An intolerance is a gastrointestinal or metabolic response - when you're lacking enzymes to digest particular foods. The most infamous example is lactose intolerance.
At Isagenix we understand that people may have food allergies, sensitivities and intolerances and require exact information about ours products, in order to identify which Isagenix products they can enjoy. Because of this, we have put together a quick reference guide, available to our Isagenix® associates.
The company includes all the products available in Colombia, as well as addition information about the most common food allergens in our existing Isagenix products. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) lists the most common food allergens as: peanuts, nuts, eggs, milk, shellfish, fish, wheat (gluten), and soy, including additional information related to mollusks and royal jelly, among others.
Isagenix’s allergens and healthy preferences guide also works as a quick and easy reference for those that lead a vegetarian or lacto-vegetarian (vegan) lifestyle.
The complete allergens table can be seen here.
Special attention for:
- people that have a lactose intolerance
IsaShake Complex® e IsaShake Pro® contain lactose (milk sugar), but in minor quantities. The products also contain lactase to condition better people that have a lactose intolerance.
- people that have a Soy Protein sensitivity
Isagenix products do not contain soy protein or accompanying soy isoflavones (phytoestrogens). The only ingredients derived from soy are lecithin and Vitamin E. These ingredients are highly purified and contain no soy protein.
- cleanse for Life® Natural Flavors
Cleanse for Life contains pineapple, mango, passion fruit, and orange natural flavors. Keep in mind that these flavors are hypoallergenic as they do not contain fruit proteins that will launch a citric or mango allergy.
- people that have severe nut allergies
Keep in mind that IsaFlush contains black walnuts.
- about ingredients derived from soy
The Isagenix products listing soy as an allergen, contain ingredients that are derived from soy, in a highly purified form found in Vitamin E or lecithin. Isagenix does not include soy protein or soy isoflavones as ingredients in IsaLean Shake or in any other Isagenix products.
Every Isagenix product formula is extensively researched and tested—in all phases of development and manufacturing to ensure its quality, safety and efficacy.