No matter what: bride, bridesmaid, or guest, you want to look your best on the wedding day! Finding the perfect outfit, the best hairstyle, and the right makeup is just part of the hassle, because getting in the best shape is as important as the rest of them!
"The wedding is the trigger that motivates many women to get in shape, and the best part is that many women continue long after that march down the aisle," says personal trainer Sue Fleming, creator of the original Buff Brides book and workout videos as well as the Buff Brides show on the Discovery Channel.
Tips to Get Fit for the Wedding Day
Therefore, let's take advantage of the opportunity ahead and get fit. And the results will be noticed by many around you!
1. Enroll into a great fitness program:
- Get moving in the morning. Put your goals and your health first.
- Tone It Up! Commit to Yourself, Your Body, Your Health! Need Help? Ask us about our Personal Online Training Program.
- Prepare yourself if you hit a plateau and set goals to get beyond them.
- Enjoy the results! And persevere to see them increased. Treating your body well and working out builds a huge amount of confidence.
- The Bride's "BEST" is a revolutionary Body & Beauty program. This heart-pumping, soul seeking, energy-inducing, passion seeking Beauty, Health & Fitness program is geared to pump up your energy and metabolism and revolutionize your body so that you are your absolute "BEST" on your wedding day. Read more about the "BEST" Body & Beauty program here.
2. Journal your ride:
- Write down what you want to accomplish.
- Map up all the steps.
- Describe how you’ll accomplish everything.
- Take photos and measurements to evaluate your progress.
3. Plan your meals ahead of time:
- Cut out all fake sugars.
- Say goodbye to chemicals.
- Decrease the size of your meals.
- Don’t skip breakfast.
- Add healthy food for a healthy brain, healthy joints, a functioning liver, beautiful skin and a higher metabolism.
- Add as many vegetables to your diet as possible.
- Add plenty of fresh fruits.
- Pack your own lunches from the healthy foods you have in the refrigerator.
- Make your own fresh juices and smoothies for on-the-go.
- Hydrate! When you’re hydrated, your metabolism is faster and your brain works faster (great for all of that wedding planning). Plus your hair, skin and nails will thank you and you’ll have more energy to workout and tackle your day.
- Buy healthy snacks that are portable for taking with you.
4. Partner up:
- Ask your loved ones to join you in your fitness journey! Having a support system is one of the best ways to reach your goals and stick to a plan.
- This will hold you accountable.
5. Take a time out once in awhile:
- Don’t be afraid of disconnecting from your routine.
- Reward all of your efforts with a spa trip, massage or a bubble bath.
Getting fit for your wedding is not an easy target, but with perseverance and a positive soul you can accomplish results that will be treasured for a long time in your wedding pictures! Time is precious, therefore, don’t forget to enjoy the ride!